Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Back from the Dead

Let me first start by apologizing for the lack of updates. I wrapped up school (which means I graduated, suckers!) and so many other more silly things delayed me from posting. I promise (really, really hard) to not let this happen again. In the last month or so a lot of exciting things have taken place regarding the show.
So without further ado...


Date: December 28th
Geek Monthly monthly reports that SciFi Channel is considering shooting a direct-to-video Battlestar movie! This news comes despite lower ratings the series has incurred from Season Two to Season Three. It is also hinted the show may have a tie-in with the Caprica prequel while not fudging with the continuity of the original series.
Read the original article
----------

Date: January 2nd
One of my favorite news sites, SyFy Portal, drops a brick-load of good news (along with a tablespoon of bad). The good stuff is that BSG is getting a fourth season! But SciFi would have to be braindead to pull the plug on Battlestar, as it is their most critically acclaimed show. And even though the ratings could be a tad better, it's still bringing them some bank. Now on with the bad news: a source at SciFi told the Portal that the Caprica pilot is very much like a screaming infant, and that anybody expecting it to get off the bottle and onto solid food by '08 is absolutely crazy! OK, so that is not exactly want he said. But this is a rumor anyways, so why not embellish a little?
Read the original article
----------

Date January 8th
Ron Moore and David Eick, the executive producers of BSG, talk more about the direct-to-dvd movie that films in April. There's some stuff about Starbuck and it is all very spoily (that cannot really be a word).
Read the original article
----------

Date: January 9th
Good 'ole Variety informs the world that NBC has a new VP of cable programming, Richard Rothstein. Previously, he was a supervising producer for America's Next Top Model. Boo! But now he's overseer of the development of Caprica. Yay!
Read the original article
----------


OK, I believe that is most of the big stories. If anything else surfaces I'll be sure to post it and whatnot. And if you, the reader, has anything important to add let me know.

I have been watching the latest episodes of Galactica season 3.5123 (whatever they're going to box the DVDs as) and I wish I could say that I'm liking it. In my opinion (never sure why I have to write that as I obviously am not writing from someone else's) the show has really faltered with its recent storylines. Here's to hoping that things get better.

I'm also working on a podcast project with my good friend and philosofizer Jarrett Heintz. It will be mostly BSG talk and other things. I think we going to kick it off fairly soon. If it's not too terrible shameless, I might post a link to it here. Anyways, here's to some more Cap. news (raises glass)!

Labels: ,


Posted by Smitty at 12:16 PM - 0 comments